CALL FOR ABSTRACTS for 2021
The SEA (UK) Annual Scientific Meeting will be held virtually on 22nd March 2021
This call is unrestricted however financial prizes will be awarded to trainees only
If your abstract had been accepted for the postponed SEAUK ASM 2020, then you do not need to submit it again. This call is for new abstracts. 2020’s abstracts and ranking will be carried forward to virtual ASM 2021.
Oral paper prizes £100 and £50
Deadline for submissions
5pm on Monday, 31st January 2021
Submitting an Abstract – Guidance notes
Your submission must be related to an educational topic. We are not a forum for purely clinical presentations. All submitted abstracts will be assessed and ranked. The top abstracts will be chosen for oral presentation and will be judged for the prizes.
If you prefer, you could submit an abstract for poster only in order to showcase your educational work. If you indicate that your abstract is for a poster presentation then it will not be entered into the prize competition.
- Single A4 sheet.
- No smaller than Arial Font 10 point.
- Body of abstract max 300 words.
- Title, authors (identifying speaker and grade), employing institution
- Introduction/Methods/Results/Discussion or Conclusion
- Max 1 table or graph and maximum of 3 references
- Results must be included in the abstract, rather than just “results will be presented”
- Include whether your submission has been previously presented anywhere (this is generally acceptable providing results are still recent)
Please send to Dr Peeyush Kumar, Abstracts Co-ordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to Cath Smith, Society Administrator (email@example.com) as a Word document, by 31st January 2021
The abstracts will be judged by a panel of the SEA UK 2021 abstract team. The corresponding author will be notified by 8th of February 2021.