ABSTRACTS SUBMISSIONS OPEN 1st Nov 19
Call for abstracts for SEA(UK) ASM 2020, Warwickshire. (This call is unrestricted however financial prizes will be limited to trainees only).
Deadline for submissions:
Monday, 21st January 2020 5pm
Submitting an Abstract – Guidance notes:
- Your submission must be related to an educational topic. We are not a forum for purely clinical presentations.
- All submitted abstracts will be assessed and ranked. The top six will be chosen for oral presentation and will be judged for the prizes.
- If you prefer, you may submit an abstract for poster display only in order to showcase your educational work. If you indicate that your abstract is for a poster presentation, then your abstract will not be entered into the prize competition.
- Abstracts accepted for poster and oral presentations will be notified no later than 31st Jan 2020. Delegates whose abstracts are accepted will be able to book ASM at early bird registration rates.
- Title, Authors (identifying speaker and grade), Employing institution
- Single A4 sheet. No smaller than Arial Font 10 point
- Body of abstract max 300 words
- Introduction/Methods/Results/Discussion or Conclusion
- Max 1 table or graph, Max 3 refs
- Results must be included in the abstract, rather than just “results will be presented”
- Include whether your submission has been previously presented anywhere (this is generally acceptable providing results are still recent)
Free Paper Presentation Guidance
- Maximum of 6 slides
- Presentation should be 7 minutes long. You will be stopped at 7 minutes.
- There will be 2 minutes for discussion.
- Your poster should fit in a space 600mm across by 900mm down (i.e. A1 portrait).
- Velcro/blue tack will be provided to attach your poster to the stand.
- Please note: Posters are for display only and will not be judged.