Call for abstracts for SEA(UK) ASM 2018 (This call is unrestricted however financial prizes will be limited to trainees only).
£300 and £150
Deadline for submissions:
5pm Monday 15th January
Submitting an Abstract – Guidance notes:
- Your submission must be related to an educational topic. We are not a forum for purely clinical presentations.
- All submitted abstracts will be assessed and ranked. The top six will be chosen for oral presentation and will be judged for the prizes.
- If you prefer, you may submit an abstract for poster display only in order to showcase your educational work. If you indicate that your abstract is for a poster presentation, then your abstract will not be entered into the prize competition.
- Abstracts accepted for poster and oral presentations will be notified no later than 22nd Jan 2018.
- Title, Authors (identifying speaker and grade), Employing institution
- Single A4 sheet. No smaller than Arial Font 10 point
- Body of abstract max 300 words
- Introduction/Methods/Results/Discussion or Conclusion
- Max 1 table or graph, Max 3 refs
- Results must be included in the abstract, rather than just “results will be presented”
- Include whether your submission has been previously presented anywhere (this is generally acceptable providing results are still recent)
Please send your submissions to Dr Nirmala Soundararajan (Abstract Co-ordinator) at email@example.com with a copy to Mrs Cath Smith (SEA(UK) Administrator) at firstname.lastname@example.org as a Word document.
Free Paper Presentation Guidance
- Maximum of 6 slides
- Presentation should be 7 minutes long. You will be stopped at 7 minutes.
- There will be 2 minutes for discussion.
- Your poster should fit in a space 600mm across by 900mm down (i.e. A1 portrait).
- Velcro/blue tack will be provided to attach your poster to the stand.
- Please note: Posters are for display only and will not be judged.